Your privacy is very important to us. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, applications, APIs, and any other sites or applications we own and operate.
When you visit our website: Our servers automatically log your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other standard data provided by your web browser.
When you use our application: We ask for your name, website, company name, etc. This information is mandatory, since it's required to create an operate your account.
When you choose a paid subscription: We ask for your email address and payment details, as well as what information you wish to include in your subscription. This information is mandatory, as we use it to bill you. We do not store your payment information (such as credit card number) on our servers, but our partner Stripe does.
We process information lawfully, fairly and transparently. We only collect and process information about you only where:
- it's necessary for us to provide you with your product subscription;
- it satisfies a legitimate interest, such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (e.g., entering your email address so we can contact you regarding your subscription); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
When you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this won't affect any processing we've already done.
We retain information for our sales records and to facilitate additional support after your order is complete. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
While we retain this information, we'll protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
We collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes:
- to give access to your product subscription;
- to process your one-off payments and recurring subscriptions;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you about your subscription or email enquiries;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and - associated social media platforms; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Ara Assistant is supported by third-party providers to facilitate the provision of a transactional website. These include DNS management, web hosting, payment processing (Stripe and Chargebee) and web analytics (Google Analytics and Oswald Labs).
We will comply with government and law enforcement requests for data, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or third parties.
The data we retain is stored and processed in the European Union (Frankfurt, Germany and Paris, France), and/or where we and our third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
At our discretion, we may update this policy to reflect current acceptable practices. We will take reasonable steps to let users know about significant changes via our website. Your continued use of this site after any changes to this policy will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around data and personal information.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we handle your data and personal information, feel free to contact us using our Contact page.
This policy is effective as of January 1, 2020.